After almost half year of development, the next major Mabox Linux 21.11 release codename Herbolth is ready for download.
Let’s see what’s new in Herbolth…
More powerfull panels
Multiple actions are binded to panel buttons. Hover over button to see tooltip. Most of buttons now have right click action binded to handy options.
File Manager icon right click let you quickly browse important directories (configurable) and install/run some file related utilities.
Web Browser icon right click let you quickly install/run alternative web browsers and configure default.
Volume Control right click let you listen to online radio.
Even better control with keyboard
1. Quick tiling – use ctrl+alt+keypad 1...9. Image below shows it all 🙂
2. Windows are dynamically binded to keyboard shortcuts, so it is possible to reach any window with one or a few keystrokes.
Keybinds are presented on the window titlebar. Use super + letter to switch
New themes: Gruvbox, Nordic, Dracula
Try new themes… Menu -> Mabox Config -> Theme Manager…
I am trying to make these themes eyes friendly.
Top panel provided by those meta-themes does not have a launcher by default, which is separated and available on right screen edge (autohide).
Generate colored themes from wallpaper
Set theme to Colorize-Mabox in Menu -> Mabox Config -> Theme Manager…
Then run wpgtk from Menu -> Accesories
This will let you generate color schemes from your wallpaper, including:
- GTK theme, Openbox Window Decoration
- colorized Conky
- panel Tint2
- menu/sidepanels colorscheme
A menu to quickly pick, paste and organize colors (palettes)
Some other small changes:
- Left click on desktop runs ToggleShowDesktop action
- super + . shows Places menu